Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Slowing Down Our Time in Life

Only two more weeks of work until the holiday break!!!  I can’t believe it!  For the very first time in my life I have experienced the sense of time going by too fast.  All my life I’ve listened to people say over and over again that time really does go by too fast and before you realize it your babies are all grown up and your loved ones have passed on.  Just like everyone else listening, I just nodded my head and agreed in order to pacify whomever I was listening to.  Well, I can very humbly say that those wise people knew exactly what they were talking about and if I would have slowed down and paid better attention maybe I wouldn’t feel the slight loss like I do right now of time. 

This year is almost gone.  GONE!  As in, it will be no more in a mere 4 weeks.  I have been in the same job, and in the same situation with my personal life for almost one entire year.  My son and I have went through so many changes and adjustments this year but somehow in the midst of turmoil we have finally found peace and stability.  I can honestly say that I am happy.  I may not make as much money as I prefer, and I may complain that I wish I had nicer furniture, but when I step back and take a moment to really look at the big picture of this past year I am so humbled.  I achieved what I set out to, and we are doing ok.  I want time to slow down just a little so that I can enjoy every minute of it, but I am anxiously awaiting the future and what it will bring into our lives.  The possibilities are endless! 

My family and friends have been anchors for me emotionally and I absolutely do not know what I would have done without them by my side.  It’s incredible to me that I am so blessed to have such supportive friends and family.  I know there are people out there who don’t.  So, ‘thank you’ to everyone… you know who you are, and I wish everyone a great holiday season!     

No comments:

Post a Comment