Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Holidays Throughout Life

I cannot make up my mind about how I feel during the holidays.  When I say holidays I'm mainly talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Those are the two most important holidays that my family celebrates and those are the two holidays that I feel like society puts the most emphasis on.  The banks are closed longer during those holidays, small places of business close longer, more people travel during those two holidays than any others throughout the year, and those two holidays commemorate things that are extremely significant in our history.  Other holidays do too, but it just seems that the month of November and December people sort of stay in this haze of a different way of life and then the other 10 months out of the year things are a little more normal.  Perhaps it's because the work places close down and take time off... people just get so excited about their time off work... or who knows!!? 

Anyway, I almost feel the opposite about the time off and the change in my daily schedule.  My office closes almost exactly like the public schools do.  This last week, my office was closed all 5 days with a weekend on either side.  I've been a little bored, so, what do I do?  I pick up extra shifts at the restaurant the days my Lil Man was with his father just so I would have something to do.  I also spent one day taking pictures of a family and I enjoyed that, but overall, deep down, I think I would have just rathered worked the same days and hours instead of everything being different for a week. 

Once I go back to work tomorrow, we will only work for 3 weeks and then my office will close down for the last 2 weeks in December.  So, for 2 full weeks the same thing is going to happen!!!! I'm trying to psych myself up for it because I am actually going to attempt to take my vacation time during those 2 weeks that way I will actually be paid for my time off, but I'm just too much of an organized, scheduled person to cope with all this time off.  I do my best and seriously try to enjoy it with my Lil Man because I think that's important, but let's just say that I will welcome the New Year and going back to work full-time until spring break in March! :)


Despite my "Scrooge" like attitude my Lil Man is the most important thing and so the day after Thanksgiving him and I turned on Pandora radio to the Christmas station and we accomplished this!  I must say I'm pretty proud of our first tree in our apartment.  I ordered it online and then got most of my decorations from Walmart and Kmart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment