Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Colors and Textures in My Life

The massage therapist that works in my office gave me this very neat plant.  It's called clovers, and blooms these extremely small white flowers.  Everything about them is so delicate and pretty.  They are about the size of the tip of my pinky finger.   

My secretary is one of the greatest women I will ever know.  She's so thoughtful and kind.  She bought me this orchid as a thank you gift for the year we've spent working together.  I love it, I just hope I can keep it alive!

Another dear friend got me this bouquet as a thank you gift and my jaw almost hit the floor when I saw it.  Very intricate and different looking with a very beautiful combination of colors.  Not resembling Christmas at all!! :)  You can't see everything in this picture but it also had an orchid as well as some bamboo sticking out of it. 

Ivy is so beautiful.  I love the shape and color of the leaves. 

This house plant was the first one ever given to me and all I was given was a single leaf that had a root growing off of it.  Today the plant is about the size of a basketball with four long vines stretching off it that are over a foot long each. 

This is a leaf on the clover. 

Here is another plant that the massage therapist gave me and I've never seen anything quite like this before.  The leaves look like lily pads and are each very different colors.

This little plant came from Walmart but it's turned out to be pretty exotic looking.  Hot pink veins!! 

This is my Christmas cactus with another little bud on top that's getting ready to bloom. 
I was in the picture taking mood the other day but it was pouring rain and I couldn't go outside.  So, my little flower/plant garden was my inspiration.  I was really getting intrigued the closer I was looking at them because of all the different colors and textures.  I absolutely love growing all these flowers and plants! 

No comments:

Post a Comment