Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Life of Christmas 2011

Merry Christmas





What does Christmas mean to me?  My entire life, I have been taught that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.  I believe this with all of my heart and am more than grateful.  It is very difficult to always have this in our focus and to be consciously aware of it all throughout the holiday season, or throughout our daily lives.  God knows it's a struggle for us and he loves us anyway.  This year, I am trying to focus on my Lord, God, my family, and the blessings that I have been given in my life.  This year, more than any other, I am celebrating my son.  Almost four years ago I was given the most precious gift, the ultimate blessing, my little boy.  He warms my heart and makes me smile.  He creates a new purpose for my everyday life.  From the time he was very young, I wasn't like most of the other mothers I had been around.  I loved my Lil Man at every stage, but I always looked forward and anticipated what he would be like when he was older.  I'm excited every year that he grows bigger, and am in love with the different person he is shaping out to be.  I cherished my time with him as a baby, but I wouldn't go back to that time and stay in that stage if I were given the choice.  I want to just keep moving forward.  This is true for every aspect of my life... moving forward.

At almost 4, he is extremely inquisitive, intelligent beyond any measure, and probably the most observant person I know.  His car seat is in the back on the passenger side, and that's where it has always been, and he can tell me, turn for turn, how to go to the places that we go everyday.  Like school, Mommy's work, Grammie and Papaw's house, Daddy's house, etc.  After so much time of him sitting back there looking out the window he memorized what he saw and associated that with the place we arrived to at the end of that drive!  I laugh every time he tells me where to go. 

My life is more complete being his mother.  Given any amount of money or wealth, I would never change a single thing about my life because it would change him.  Being a parent should be the greatest joy in my life and I feel as though I'm there now. He is the greatest joy in my life.  He's my Lil Man, my heart, my love... and this year at Christmas I am more grateful than ever before. 

"Thank you, my Lord and Savior, for my many many blessings." 

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful photos of both of you! He looks like a wonderful treasure for sure.

    ReplyDelete