Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

No Doc at Work Life

It is only Wednesday and I totally feel like I need a manicure, a pedicure, and a long massage!  Doc is not in the office this week because it is his usual week in the summer to close for vacation.  Well, since money is a little tight on my end and there are so many things that need to be done I have chosen to stay and work everyday answering the phones and doing some much needed cleaning and reorganizing.

Monday was "clean out the storage room" day.  Our storage room houses every patient chart and all the x-rays, cleaning supplies, decorations, misc. equipment, and old junk.  My mission: get rid of all junk and condense all patient charts and x-rays so that at the end of this year we have room to move everything back like normal.  It took me and our cleaning lady from about 9:30-3:30 but we got it all done and I'm very impressed with how much free space we have back there now.  We soooo needed it. 

Tuesday was "hauling everything moved out of the storage room to its appropriate places and setting up a new therapy room that has a hydrotherapy bed in it" day.  This took us from about 8:30-3:00 and by the end of this day my back and neck were seriously sore.  It was a lot of moving and what we were moving was a little too heavy for us.  Needless to say I was laid up on the couch watching movies with my son by 5:00 and didn't move until bedtime at 8:30.

Today was "re-potting every single plant in the office" day.  My least favorite of the week so far because it took me and my secretary ALL DAY to re-pot 11 plants/trees!  It was a scalding 95 degrees outside with no clouds and no wind and we did every bit of it out the back door on black asphalt.  By the time we finished with the last one and began to clean our mess up we looked at each other and we both had sweat running down our faces and potting soil smeared everywhere.  I'm also pretty sure that we smelled like something that crawled out of a swamp but no one else was there to confirm that.  Now, showered and relaxing at home, I'm so exhausted that I'm going to have to bribe myself just to get up and fix dinner.  :(  Something about that heat just wipes a person out. 

Overall, the week is turning out to be a majorly productive one at work and I can't wait until Doc gets back into town and can see the huge difference we've made in things at the office! 
These are two of the plants that we re-potted and I took pieces off and brought them home with me.  They are so pretty in my living room!

Lil Man eating his afternoon snack while watching Max and Ruby.  (He looks so grown up sitting on that little couch.)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment