Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back to Work Life

Every single time I go to write the date or answer the phone so far this morning I keep messing up and referring to today as MONDAY!  It's so funny sometimes how we are such creatures of habit and once we are in our routine we cannot deviate away from that.  Since yesterday was a holiday my brain cannot seem to grasp that my first day back at work for the week is TUESDAY!  Maybe after writing this post, and my brain witnessing firsthand that I am seriously complaining about it's lack of "present time consciousness" it will kick its butt into gear and help me out the rest of the day.  :)

My Memorial Day with my Lil Man was a blast!  We played at that little water park for four and a half hours.  Even though the sunscreen was applied liberally every 30 minutes... we both came home a little pink on our shoulders and noses.  As we get ready for bed every night he is always very curious to know where we will be going in the morning when we wake up.  School?  Work?  Church?  Daddy's house?  He always wants to know and I always make sure that I explain exactly what our plans are so he understands.  Well, last night as we were getting ready he asked me "Mommy, will we be going back to the water park in the morning when we wake up?"  Because my answer was "No son, we will have to go to school in the morning", he then went into the cutest pleading and begging session I have yet to hear out of him.  I just laughed and promised a return trip very very soon.  This definitely tells me that my son had a BLAST!
So, for anyone out there who might live in the state of Arkansas and have small children, Splash Zone was a very fun afternoon in the sun!

I revealed in my very first post that I graduated from college with a degree in education, but at the time of graduation there were no positions open at any of the schools in my area.  Instead I ended up going to work for a Chiropractor as his office manager.  It pays the bills and is pretty easy going work, but sometimes it can be a bit boring.  We only see patients in our office on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays so those days are long and busy.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I am in the office doing all the billing, filing, and paperwork that keeps this place running.  It has been an experience and I'm contemplating staying with the Doctor for another year while me and my son get more settled.  It's a big decision and I hope in the end it comes out the way that we need it to.  Since the office was closed yesterday for Memorial Day, there isn't just a whole lot to do today.  I think I will spend the rest of my time at work today doing some deep cleaning-out of my file cabinet!  Ooooooh what fun for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment