Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Moving Life

For the past 4 days I have been moving me and my Lil Man to our new apartment.  I am so sore it is unreal.  This apartment is an upstairs unit, so all of our furniture and all of our belongings had  to be hauled up a flight of stairs.  Thank you for good friends and family who are there to lend a hand.  I would've never been able to do it by myself. 

I am very very excited about our new home.  This is the first time I've had an apartment of my own since my divorce.  It's great to be able to decorate the way I want, organize the way I want, and live the way I want.  It's a little bit of an adjustment but a good one.  It is located right in the middle of town so the amount of gas that I use every week is seriously going to decrease.  I am very glad for this... gas in my area is fluctuating between $3.65 and $3.90 a gallon.  On my income this is a huge expense every week for me.  I'm sure there are places that it is much more expensive out there so I should be thankful it never topped $4.00 but I hate having to budget my gas.  I only want to have to budget my bills... my debt, but this is life for now. 

On a completely different note, my best friend's wedding is in 13 days!!! We are all getting very excited but a little anxious.  It still seems there is so much to do in order to get ready and our time is ticking away.  I'm trying to have the best possible outlook on the situation as best I can, but unfortunately as a person who has experienced marriage and then divorce... my perspective is a little jaded.  I really don't mean to be, but it just is.  And don't get me wrong, if I had to pick two people that I know that I think will one day celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.... it would be my best friend and her fiance!  They really will be the couple who makes it until "death do us part".  I have no doubt in this, but it's still hard to be completely into the wonderful celebration when so much of the traditions seem fake and meaningless to me.  As the maid of honor I have several very important jobs to fulfill and I fully intend to do the best that I can to ensure their special day is exactly what they deserve. 

I hope everyone's weekend has been a great one and hopefully Monday will be great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment