Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Achieving The New in Life

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!! 

I'm only saying that because it was all over the radio this morning on the way to work and it seems a good opening. 

I've never really celebrated Cinco de Mayo and that's mostly because I'm not hispanic nor do I have any hispanic ethnicity in my family.  I guess I've always assumed it was a holiday for those who are hispanic or for those who live in Mexico.   

I have been struggling with my weight for about the past 4-5 years, and here lately I've really been down on myself.  Right now I am at my heaviest weight ever in my life (even more than I was when I checked into the hospital to give birth to my son).  So, I've been a little depressed about it and I have let it get the better of me.  Over these years I've been successful at several different diet or exercise routines but I can't seem to implement these "fads" as a permanent fixture in my life. 

I know thousands of people struggle with the same thing.  Over the past few years obesity has really come to light and people have embraced this concept and realized that we are in fact doing it all to ourselves.  God didn't create our bodies to be overweight for the majority of our lives.  It's just not possible to maintain our health.  So, I've bounced back and forth with telling myself I'm going to change because I want to be healthy and live a long life or I think I want to change temporarily because I simply want to look better and feel better about myself.  Again, I know this is the main struggle with probably 99.9% of the overweight people attempting a change.  But I truly feel ready for something permanent and since my mind seems to be the most difficult thing to get in gear and it's most certainly the first thing that gives out halfway into a new diet or exercise routine, I've decided this time to conquer my mind first and then start with my physical body. 

How is she going to do this you ask??  I'm going to try hypnotherapy.  Wait, wait, wait just a sec... I promise I've given this some considerable thought and I promise I've done my homework.  NO, I am not expecting to get hypnotized and instantly start dropping pounds.  No, I am not expecting to get hypnotized and miraculously stop eating the bad stuff.  But I am willing to give it a try in order to get my mind in the right place so that I'm not fighting an internal war every single day of my life and maybe I can start a healthy routine and be able to complete it and then keep it going long term.  My hopes are that it will sort of reset myself back to what my basic instincts are.  Instead of craving processed sugar and simple carbs all day everyday... to the point of affecting me emotionally, I'm wanting to crave fruits and veggies.  Instead of wanting an alcoholic beverage to feel relaxed and have a good time, I hope to look for some yoga to do. 

I am a food addict.  I am a sugar addict.  These things I have come to acknowledge about myself.  Just like if I were addicted to cigerettes I could get hypnotized to help lessen the severity of nicotine cravings.  I'm really hoping for the same results just with certain foods.  I actually have a close relative that did hypnotherapy to stop smoking and it was very successful for her.  So, again, I'm opening myself up to it and am going to give it a try.  Everything else in the past has failed, so I know I still haven't found what is going to work for me.  Hopefully this will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment