Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Breaks of Life

My dearest readers,
I’m writing to apologize for my 6 month absence.  Something very difficult has happened in my life and I’ve been waiting in hopes I could build up the courage to write about it.  Unfortunately, it still hasn’t come.  And maybe I won’t ever be able to write about it; even though writing is the one thing I’ve used to help myself through situations like this in the past.  This is different.  As the months have passed me by and I’ve timidly stayed off my blog, I have been able to find God’s grace and new blessings that have come out of this time.  I’m still worried and battle every day the fear that things may never be as they once were, but I know my Lord has a plan, so for now I’m sticking to it the best I can!

My husband is back on the road again.  He's getting to spend the summer working in Michigan so it looks like the kids and I get to vacation to Michigan two summers in a row!  Having him home for 5 months was amazing.  I think God worked his work schedule out to accommodate our family through this difficult time and I'm so thankful for that.  Life together (married) so far, 8 months in to be exact, is going wonderfully!  The kids have adjusted so well to living together and all that comes with that.  I try to slow down as much as I can and really take it all in because they are already 5 and almost 8 and before I know it it’s going to be their high school graduation and they won’t be in our home any longer.  So, regardless of the outside world and all that it brings on us, we are going to work hard on building these children into what God has meant them to be.  It’s definitely hard without my husband home on a regular basis but it works for us and the days apart only make us feel closer to one another.  Strange as it sounds it’s so true!  

I want to say thank you to all of you who still get on and read my blog.  I thought with no recent posts the traffic would dwindle away but it has definitely warmed my heart the few times I’ve been on here, just to read the blogs that I follow, and seen a few hits throughout the weeks.  God Bless!

I hope to get back in the habit of posting at least once or twice a month.  Until then, here are a few pics to illustrate how our year has been so far…

We threw a surprise 50th birthday party for my Uncle on Feb. 23rd and this is the photo booth I set up to get funny pictures of all the guests that attended.  My sister and my Lil man. 

My husband and I

My sister and I

My sister and I again

Ok, we definitely had the most fun with it but who wouldn't! :)

My mother, father and Lil Man.

My Lil Man turned 5 the beginning of March.  We had an angry birds party with all our friends and family.

He's definitely growing up so fast.  I don't know why the 5th birthday seems like such a milestone but either way it was a great day and he's now very eagerly awaiting the start of kindergarten.   





One of my best friends and her wonderful fiancé officially tied the knot and I was so honored to help out by taking their pictures.  Congrats! 

For my mother-in-law we decided to surprise her with a picture of her 4 grandchildren all together for Mother's Day.  This afternoon was a lot of fun with my stepdaughter, my Lil Man, and their two cousins.   




This definitely would've been a cute pose but the sun was in their eyes and they thought it was hilarious.  Still very precious!

For the first time we decided to play t-ball this year!


He loves it!



My Lil Man's preschool graduation.  He's in the middle with khakis and a navy shirt on.



He looks so grown up!  I just can't believe it sometimes... he's such a blessing!

Well, that pretty much brings us to now.  2013, so far, has caught me off guard, made me cry, made me laugh, made me miss certain things, allowed me to enjoy new things, and overall been ok.  It's so easy to get down in the negative parts of life but to stay with only the positive may be some work but the rewards are worth it.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment