Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Watching Everything Fade in Life

This is my favorite time of year, but like evereything else, it comes to an end.  I get a little sad watching everything fade into the quiet, dormant stage.  I love the winter too, but all these bright beautiful colors are by far my favorite.  I will miss them when they are gone.

Down in the swamps of Hurricane Lake.

Up on a mountain in Fairfeild Bay.



In the distance, Sugarloaf Mountain in Greers Ferry Lake. 

Pumpkin Farm in Quitman. 

Some of the last flowers from my secretary's garden for this year.  I will miss her morning boquets until the spring.

This tree sits at the edge of the parking lot to my office and over these past weeks I've watched the red everyday starting at the top and working its way down.  In a few days it will all be red and then bare.   

A beautiful bench in my favorite park. 

Dirt raod winding through the Hurricane bottoms. 

Until next year, I will enjoy these last few weeks of beautiful color.  Hopefully we will be blessed with some snow this winter, like last year, and I can show off what Arkansas looks like with a little snow on the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment