Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Hitting the Ditch in Life

The journey of life is so full of twists and turns that it is so hard for me to always stay balanced.  Throughout this past year I have slowly managed to get my life to a point where I’m thoroughly enjoying every day.  I don’t really remember feeling this way in the last 5-6 years.  That makes me sad because the last 5-6 years have contained some of the biggest and most important moments of my life so far, but I don’t really look at those years as being the best or the happiest in my adult life.  I believe that those are yet to come.  But if there’s one thing I can say about this past year, it’s that I have found a place, even if it’s temporary, to be happy in and content. 

Of course, just when I think it couldn’t get any smoother life rears up and shows me that beyond the current curve in my road lies the biggest pot hole!  Instead of straddling it and just being able to go right over the top, I have to veer off the road for a moment and hit the ditch.  I got some news last week that has devastated me to my core.  It’s also confused me because I’m a little baffled that my reaction was so strong.  Beyond my control, I am feeling very angry, very worried, and very unsettled.  I feel like this problem is undeserved in mine and my son’s world and I wish I could erase it.  I’m almost at a loss for words.  I’ve thought on this for several days now and with neither and answer nor peace I am just going to continue thinking. 

In all reality I guess the problem really doesn’t affect me; it affects my son.  That alone is enough justification for my feelings, but on the flip side,  I care about the person who has done this to us.  I wish it would have never happened, but now that it has I need a little help dealing with it.  Everyone’s thoughts and prayers are more than appreciated right now… they are needed.   

P.S.
As promised, a very long post with LOTS of pictures will be up one day this week announcing my sister's engagement.  This past weekend, with my sister and her fiance, was a wonderful one... Only slightly tainted by the personal turmoil I am dealing with.  I can hardly wait to share everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment