Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Hard-Workin" or "Hardly Workin" in Life

My last day in Hot Springs with my little sister was one 'hard-workin' day!  We got so many things done and I felt really productive, BUT my arms and hands are so sore I'm a little regretful.  :(

Our goal was to decorate her front porch for fall.  She runs her business out of her home and so every year she really does a lot of decorating in order to make everything look festive.  People love that!

  As you can see, that part was super easy and a lot of fun to do.  I think it all really looked good by the time we were done.  Next, my little sister gets it in her head that all the shrubs lining her driveway and porch need some trimming down.  She goes in and gets two pair of clippers and we go to work just trimming the really tall pieces so that everything will look even.  Her neighbor comes out to admire what we've done and sees we are trimming.  He then offers to lend us his electric hedge trimmer.  We both jump to that offer because it would be so much faster, right? WRONG!  With electric hedge trimmers the only thing you can really do is massive trimming.  Just getting the real tall pieces goes straight out the window and I'm now shaping all her bushes to match one another.  Needless to say, three hours later my arms and hands are hurting so bad that I can hardly hold my water bottle but all the bushes lining her driveway and porch are all very neatly trimmed and uniform looking! 

They aren't the greatest shrubs in the world but considering she doesn't do any kind of landscaping they look like that all on their own... and because of me and my mad hedge trimming skills! :)

Now at home, and back at work, I'm getting a little bit of the 'hardly workin' syndrome.  It's just so beautiful outside that that's all I want to do.  I just want to be lazy and play all day long instead of being couped up in my office on this computer actually working!  Sigh...... oh well.... we got to pay the bills somehow, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment