Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Reading My Fortune in Life

My parents are both home for the next two weeks and so today I met them at a Chinese buffet for lunch.  The food was great and we made some plans for the next two weeks while they are in town.  It's always a little hectic but we take full advantage of the time that we have with them because they are not home very much throughout the year. 

At the end of our meal our server brought three fortune cookies, one for each of us, and even though I really don't like to eat those kind of cookies we always open them and read aloud what ours say.  My mother's cookie was a little confusing at first but the more I thought about it I really liked it.  I also think that more people should try to do this so life is enjoyed a little more.  It read "Hardly anyone knows how much is gained by ignoring the future".  It does seem like we all focus a little too much on what is going to happen in the future instead of focusing on what is happening right now.  I know I do!  My mind is constantly thinking about next week, or next month, or five years down the road.  I worry a lot about the future as well as plan a lot for the future.  I'm going to try to focus my mind more to the present and enjoying it. 

My father's cookie read "Not just live and let live... but live and HELP live".  I personally think that if we all tried to do this so much of the anger, and hate, and neglect, and abuse that goes on all over the world would lessen. 

My cookie read "Compassion will cure more than condemnation".  All I have to say is AMEN!!  That absolutely couldn't be more true, but we are all, by nature, selfish beings and the automatic response to most dramatic, or serious situations is to think of ourselves first and others second.  If we demonstrated compassion and selfless actions, again, the world would be a better place! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment