Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

More of my "Fortunate" Life

This week has by far been an interesting one. 
#1 The weather went from being so incredibly unbearable to fairly nice thanks to a couple of serious thunderstorms.  For the next 10 days the projected forecast doesn't predict anything above 91 degrees!  Thank the Lord!
#2 Work hasn't been much fun this week because first thing Monday morning my boss' daughter totalled her car while driving herself and her younger brother to school.  It was scary but thankfully they were not seriously hurt.  A few bruises and some minor burns from the seat belts and airbags but that's all.  Needless to say, Doc has had a lot on his mind all week. 
#3 I am sick.  Somewhere around Tuesday afternoon my throat got really scratchy and sore and then I woke up Wednesday morning completely unable to breath through my nose.  My diagnosis: a late summer head cold.  Booooo!  I would rather have something serious so drugs could be taken to get rid of it, but no, I'm on some natural supplements per my boss and lots of fluids and lots of rest for about 5 days.  I hate being sick.  It really stinks!
#4 My sister and I enjoyed dinner with an old friend Tuesday night at P.F. Changs and when my fortune cookie arrived at the end of the meal I opened it to read... "The one you love is closer than you think."  What the hell!!!!!  I'm not a very superstitious woman, but holy crow!  You hand a lonely, single girl a fortune like that and what do you expect.  It hasn't left my mind since.  I have secretly thought this to myself before but banished such thoughts because, in all honesty, there isn't anyone I know that I could fathom spending any part of my life with.  And then on the flip side it's put all sorts of fears in my mind like, what if it's my nerdy neighbor that always has really bad body odor or the somewhat perverted patient that comes in my office and constantly stares at me?!  Surely, my fate with love is more glorious than someone I've known all my life, or part of my life!  Right?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment