Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Funny Things in Life

Reflecting on the past week, I definitely have to say that I was successful in saying goodbye to Melancholy.  It was a tearful separation, but gone she is... for the time being.

Work was good this week.  I got completely caught up and even took off early on Friday to attend a dinner party in Little Rock with a friend.  Today will be spent cleaning and doing laundry and then working at the restaurant from 5:30 to close.  The second job definitely sucks sometimes, but the extra money is always a good thing. 

Here are some funny/sweet/good moments throughout my week that I want to share.

Who brings their pet iguana to their chiropractic appointment?  Oh wait... this man does!  Monday morning about 9:30 our day is just starting to roll smooth and all our first patients have left when this guy comes strolling in to bring his son for an adjustment.  It was very funny at first because I really didn't understand why they brought their pet iguana with them, but the more I talked with them and asked questions I came to the understanding that this little green guy is seriously just like their last child!  They love this iguana and he loves them!  He was perfectly content to sit on his owner's belly while people came out and touched him.  His name is Licky Licky. 

I'm more for a fuzzy, furry, sweet looking pet than one that resembles a miniature alligator, but I will admit he is a little cute and was soft to touch on his sides and belly.  Can we say spinal subluxation! :) 

Me listening to my music while I'm plugging away at my computer at work on Tuesday.  I had told my sister earlier that she should "get a load" of my hairdo for the day, so I just decided she needed a picture to really absorb the hilarity behind it.  After sending her this picture she wrote back that it was adorable and I should wear it like that more often when I'm dressed super casual!  FYI, we do not see patients on Tuesdays or Thursdays so I am at the office just doing all the paperwork.  I don't see or talk to anyone all day so I can dress how I want and how I'm the most comfortable. 

My son at the end of a very exhausting evening playing with his new best friend.  One of my neighbors is an old friend of mine and she has a 5 year old little boy, so we decided to hang out so the boys could have a play mate.  He's watching cartoons while I get everything ready for bed and his eyes are barely open.   

The next morning.... I cannot get him awake.  Every time I rub his back and start trying to wake him up he sticks his head further under the pillow. 

Me and my sister at Fuji Steakhouse eating dinner with our Dad.  Every time we are together we always take snapshots like this and then set them as the lock screen saver on our phones.  I don't know why, but I love it!  We are so incredibly close that I love having the memories that we make reserved in these funny, candid pictures.  Also, the older we get the more we seem to favor! 

My African Violet bloomed it's first flower this week.  I just smiled when I noticed it!

This picture is my new home screen saver on my phone.  It's so beautiful and really looks good with all my apps on top of it!

This is me attempting to take a decent picture of my dress for the dinner party on Friday night so I can send it to my sister.

I haven't hung a full-length mirror up in my apartment yet so this was pretty much an impossible feat, but at least she got the general idea.

And if I may point out.... the dress was really pretty.  I fell in love with it immediately.  It was perfect for an evening cruise on the Arkansas Queen Riverboat with the entire Republican Party of Arkansas (ha ha ha).  I'm not into politics at all but my good friend is and I went with him as a favor. 

Wow!  Those are some great shoes!  They cost way more than the dress, but hey.... a girl has got to have awesome shoes!

We were a little blinded by the flash so it's not the greatest picture in the world, but we had a great time! 
We were featured on Arkansas' Republican Party Facebook page!  

No comments:

Post a Comment