Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Date Life

My favorite restaurant in the city that I live in is Fuji Steakhouse.  I absolutely love watching my food prepared in front of me and the way they get the fried rice absolutely perfect!  My Lil Man has only been there a handful of times with me or my family and I was sure that he didn't really remember what it was all about so I decided that I would take him, just the two of us, and really hype up the occasion to see if he enjoyed the food and the show.

The chef just started with lighting the grill on fire and twirling his tools around.
 First comes all the veggies because they take the longest to cook.  Lil Man isn't too excited about this part because vegetables are not his favorite food, but it is still mesmerizing to watch our chef prepare everything.


 Next is all the scrambled eggs that will be mixed into the rice.  Lil Man gets really excited about this because scrambled eggs is one of his most favorite foods.  We cook scrambled eggs A LOT in our house because this is the one and only thing that I allow him to cook almost all by himself.  He cracks the eggs, pours them in the skillet, and then stirs them all on his own. 


Now for Mommy's favorite part... the shrimp!  My usual Fuji meal is the Hibachi Shrimp and occasionally I will splurge and get the fillet and shrimp.  Others around our grill ordered scallops, chicken, steak, and lobster as you can see it all beginning to cook on the grill.  


The best part of the whole evening out was watching him teach himself how to use the children's chopsticks our waiter gave him.  They are tied together at the top with a rubber band so they are easier to use.  After only a few tries he had it mastered!


He is soooooo much better with chopsticks than I am!!!!!!!!!


What a delicious meal with my favorite person in the whole world!  Lil Man is officially a Fuji freak like me and has asked to go back more than once.  We had an great time out on our lil date! :) 

I'm getting hungry just looking at the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment