Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

School Starts Flying in Life


Thank the Lord above that school has finally started!!  My Lil Man has been pretty excited about it too and life feels good back in our “school year” routine.  Soccer practice starts tonight and I know he’s especially anxious to see who is going to be on his team this year and meet his new coach.  He has really come to life with soccer.  This is his 3rd year playing and you can tell he has gotten much better at it now that he has found a love for it.

My weight loss/get healthy/half marathon training has been going very well… up until this past weekend and I’ve got a minor injury trying to slow me down.  So, I’m taking a few days (or weeks if needed) off of running with the high hopes that it will be brief and nothing serious. 

I’m so excited to go spend some quality alone time with my Hubby coming up this Labor Day weekend.  I’m flying into Pittsburgh and getting to stay 5 days over the long weekend with him… just us!  This hardly ever happens and in fact, neither of us can remember the last time that we got to.  With him working off and me working here and both our kid’s schedules the stars really have to align for us to make it work where I can go visit him and leave the kids with relatives.  I’m sure there are others out there that can relate to how hard that is to make happen sometimes.  But all the waiting makes the time we share together all that more special.   

We are so blessed to be able to do what we do.  And there isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel immense gratitude that we have great jobs and can make a decent living in this horrible economy for our family... BUT the one negative is having to live apart the majority of the time.  So, when God blesses us where we have the extra money I shop for cheap plane tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment