Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nothing New in Life


“What’s new?”

“What’s new?  What’s new with you?”

“Well, I’ll just tell you what’s new!”

There is absolutely not a whole lot of anything new in my world.  Does this make me lame?  I swear for the first time, in a very long time, I spent this past weekend completely alone… At home, minus the new puppy, Elsa, doing nothing except watching my favorite TV series, reading, a little laundry, and eating.  It felt good except for the eating part.  J  I’m going to be out of town for the next two weekends in a row so I thought I should definitely take advantage of my alone, calm time. 

The changing seasons always take me by surprise.  Like it’s been so unbelievably hot this summer and we have set some serious records with the drought that we are still having, but Sunday night I walked onto my back steps to let Elsa tinkle and I could smell it.  Fall is approaching.  It was only 68 degrees out and it felt so good, and I was genuinely shocked.  Like deep down I never expected to see fall again!  We went from last week getting up in the mid-nineties still to this week, staying down in the mid-eighties and cooling off to the sixties at night!  Whoa!! It’s such a shock and my puppy thinks so too.  Something came over her out there in 68 degree weather so I grabbed a stick and away she went.  By the time it was over we had played and raked leaves until almost dark…. Now THAT felt good! 

The strangest part about all this is that this year has been a little deceiving.  The leaves here have all been turning the beautiful colors of autumn and falling off the trees because it’s been so incredibly hot and dry.  To the eye, it’s looked the fall for about 6 weeks, but the minute you step outside you are suffocated with 111 degree heat!  So extreme!  I wonder what this is going to mean for our fall season and then winter.

My camera has been put up, resting, for the time being.  I’ve just been too busy and focused on other things, but the next two weekends out of town are going to picture taking weekends.   I’m working on a project for a Christmas present and then it’s my little sister’s bachelorette weekend away in Dallas and we’ll be taking lots of pictures there! 
8-29-12
________________________________________________________________________
I wrote the above post exactly a week ago and just never posted it!  I got too caught up in whatever I was doing and forgot to publish it.  So, on the contrary to my title up there, something new has happened.  My boyfriend's job ended in Montana and after a two day drive home we got to spend all of 30 minutes together before he had to leave to get back on the road for the next job.  I was desperately hoping for more time but the good news is he's only 6 hours away so I'll be going to him the next couple of weekends.  After our hugs and kisses of not seeing each other for almost 9 weeks he completely stopped me and, to my surprise, got down on one knee and officially proposed.  We've talked it over so many times that I guess I just assumed it was already a done deal but he knows how much I value the tradition behind certain things and wanted to make that happen for my sake.  I mean after all... I may have been the one to say we were going to be "tolerance partners" instead of spouses but all romantic gestures should not be forgotten!  Right??!!  Thank you Babe for that. 
On a more serious note, I have to admit that this feels weird but in a good way.  I honestly didn't think I would get to this point so fast, but I've prayed long and hard for direction and then strength to accept where that direction led me and when you know you love him... know deep down that you are in love with him... there comes that point where you have to chose to move forward or chose to move backward.  This girl has NO intention of ever moving backward again.  It was too heartbreaking and too destructive to myself the first time.  So, as scary as it may be it's a choice to be made and lived everyday.  I feel capable now, where as before I didn't and it feels real good!

No comments:

Post a Comment